Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The FIRST Amendment

Show me a Republican who understands the separation of church and state as a part of the constitution and doesn't use religion as a selling point and I will listen... 

There isn't one.

Till it happens I am a Democrat.

The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"   The FIRST amendment says no religion is part of US politics.  You don't have the right to tell me it is a Christian nation, or to make me live by Christian laws. Federal laws trump state laws.  HAH!  Pushing your religion is anti-American. And I really DO want you to keep it to yourself. 

I am not an atheist and was raised as a protestant, but your beliefs are not my beliefs who ever you are, I guarantee.  As an American, I have the right to tell you to shut up as a politician on YOUR religious grounds.  I can sue you for infringing on MY beliefs politically.   Sarah Palin, keep it up.  I can get your moose meat for myself as part of a federal court ruling when I sue your ass for telling me what your god wants from me if you ever decide to run on a conservative platform.  (I suppose it tastes and cooks like elk?)

No one has the right to say what god wants from me in law.  Get that straight.  The constitution says so.

No comments: